Using ikiwiki for http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med.

Dear all,

to help motivate a migration away from WML, which I think is one obstacle to
have more contributions on our website, I made a partial reimplemntation of
the Debian Med part of the Debian website using ikiwiki. You can have a look at
the following URL:

http://charles.plessy.org/debian/debian-med-ikiwiki/

I have uploaded the ikiwiki source code on Alioth:

http://git.debian.org/?p=users/plessy/debian-med-ikiwiki.git

In this demo, the translations are done through the po plugin of ikiwiki.  I
prepared a Danish translation to show that it is easy to transfer the previous
translations to the new system (I started from the HTML pages).

The second main feature is the news items in the debian-med and debian-med/News
page. They are using the blog system of ikiwiki (inline directives plus
templates).

The Debian Med area is not using more advanced WML functions, so my test finishes
here. I hope that other web contributors will express interest in converting the
pages they care for.

I also need the feedback of the Debian Med team, which was not contacted in advance,
to know if in the case the Debian website would move out from WML, ikiwiki would
be welcome).

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles Plessy