Re: When and how can we migrate out of CVS and WML ? (Re: How to make Debian more attractive for users)

Charles Plessy wrote:
> What I learn in Debian I use elsewhere, and what I learn elsewhere I use
> in Debian. There are exceptions such as WML, which seems to be a dead end.
> I am exploring how possible it would be to use the markdown syntax through
> ikiwiki to reproduce the pages under /devel/debian-med. It looks quite
> promising.

While ikiwiki's syntax lacks the sheer embedded (multiple-)language
power of WML, I feel that much of what WML is used for on www.d.o could
be accomplished by special-purpose ikiwiki plugins, which are easy to
write. I'm here to help develop such plugins as needed.

(For l10n, ikiwiki is the only wiki I know of that can be translated
using PO files.)

--
see shy jo