Re: blessing non-profit, worldwide CD vendors

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 12:00:23PM -0400, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> As an alternative, if you don't think the difference warrants the
> blessing, we might add a differentiation among for-profits and
> non-profits CD vendors, and furthermore among worldwide and non
> worldwide vendors.

I don't think there should be a difference between for-profit and
non-for-profit vendors.  It doesn't really matter much to us
about the status of the organisation.  A far more useful separation
is does the vendor send some of the income from the CD to Debian or not?

It's further muddled because some vendors allow the user to directly
contribute through them, while others put a few dollars on the price
of the CD and send us that.

We list vendors by the country they are in, not the country they
ship to.  This isn't ideal, but its better than just the country
you ship to, especially if you live on a large island 1000s of km
away from everyone else.

Something dynamic would be nice. I'd like to first see vendors in my
country, then vendors that ship to my country and be able to toggle
ones that contribute or do not.  Dynamic webpages also means we won't
need all the separators, except perhaps for the different types of
vendors.

 - Craig
--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
http://www.enc.com.au/                             csmall at : enc.com.au