Etch Nonsense why Scrub Etch from the net?

Debain
I used to run Etch but foolishly decided to "upgrage", to Lenny. I was so sorry. Lenny runs slowly, refused to play any standard Dvd, refused to let me install any new downloaded packges for it, refused to let me install the Lenny codecs needed for dvd playback, and took up a whopping almost 4 Gigabytes of disk space on the tiny 6 gigabyte hard drive I had, and refused to let me have the multimedia keys to run practically any mulitdmedia operation. In short it is a HUGE HUGE dissapointment.

And this Etch nonsese has me now looking in the future to another Linux format, Ubuntu or something.
Taking down EVERY SINGLE repostitory that Etch was  mirrored on was beyond paraniod, it is acting like Apple and Microsoft with the issues they have over "Control" of the software and releses.

Lukily for me I have the Etch 4.0.6 on CD and was able to uprgrade again from Lenny back to Debian Etch and I am quite happy. NO FLASH SUPPORT, None, nada, but that is about the only shortcoming I had have with Etch, that and the Iceweasal update slows the connection down and causes it to be insconsistant.

In short my CD's will soon wear out, and with the Etch Bann you have for whatever reasons, I will be forced to switch to Ubuntu or another Linux.

You could keep me as a supporter if you put the Etch biniaries back up, but since you have done such a good job SRUBBING the internet of Etch, I am doubting you will.

It makes me feel like starting an Etch mirror my self, just out of need and rebellion against whatever silly reason Etch was banned by Debian to begin with.

MY intput, and I hate to remove support, but with the Lenny and Etch politics as they stand now,
well it's been nice but the supporters and customers move on to products then need and can use.

If there were security issues with Etch then don't baby us supporters, we can make our own minds up about security ant the risks we take, and have the right to choose wich version of Debain fits us best. This control nonsense over Etch is silly. Remember, control is something Microsoft and Apple love to exercise, not Linux.

Sincerely
John