Re: integrating Debian GNU/kFreeBSD into InstallingDebianOn?

Hello Debian developers and others,

My intention was/is to be constructive in providing some feedback
on kfreebsd from a user's point of view.

Concerning povray, I had forgotten (or did not realize)
that it is non-free. I am aware that there are some
licensing issues with the beta version, but did not
imagine that the stable version was anything other than
open source...

On Thursday 18 March 2010 00:22:02 Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> > (at least until konsole gets fixed, as I find it awkward
> > to revert to using xterm...).
>
> urxvt ftw!

I should probably revert to vtwm as well!

> Note that unstable is a development system; it is not unexpected that
> things break there every once in a while.
>
> As long as they are fixed before the release (and with the freeze, that
> is very much doable), I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Of course, "unstable" is, well..., unstable (as the name indicates!)
I hope that all of the major problems do get rapidly fixed.

By the way, another hitch for the moment is a need to port openjdk-6.
Is anyone working on this?

Alan