Re: www-master move: things to do, new status

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 01:18:55AM +0100, Simon Paillard wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 11:32:43PM +0100, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> > i would like to know what the current status of that is and where i can
> > help esp. with my DSA hat on. If there are any needs, please say so.
>
> Remaining items:
> - [will need DSA] We need to figure out which are the right ttf-
>   package(s) needed to proper PDF rendering of release-notes, as
>   installing all of thems is certainly not a good option.

evince and apt-file helped, ttf-arphic-uming is the one required (thanks
to zobel for installing it).
http://newwww.deb.at/releases/lenny/alpha/release-notes.zh_TW.pdf
http://www.debian.org/releases/lenny/alpha/release-notes.zh_TW.pdf

Fonts are now ok, while margins are not correct / the same.

- Japanese build segfaults:
  xmlroff --backend cairo -o ja/release-notes.amd64.pdf ja/release-notes.amd64.fo

> - hamm is providing autoup thing at
>   http://www.debian.org/releases/hamm/autoup/ but is not present in the
>   CVS.
> - l10n stats

Nothing new here.

> - sarge release-notes (I searched for the svn revision in order to tag
>   it properly but rsync will be the easiest option)

Done, synced manually.

> - more in http://people.debian.org/~spaillard/missing-from-wolkenstein

List updated.

* 43 files CD/artwork/* are old thumbnails no longer linked from the Debian
  website.
  => IMO they don't need to be kept.
* 274 files in Pics/* are old menu pics no longer generated by makefile,
  but still in the www tree, and still linked from (as apache
  klecker logs in 2010 says):
   - http://search.debian.org/
   - http://lists.debian.org/
   - http://db.debian.org/
  => Either keep english Pics, or patch the three websites above
* 480 links from en-{gn|us}.html to en.html
  => Don't know yet what generates them
* debian-med has moved to alioth/pure blends site, but files removed
  from the CVS are not cleaned in the www tree

> - ddp related items: devref, and some outdated ones
>
> no idea for the following items:
> - matrix generation, e.g.
>   http://newwww.deb.at/releases/etch/installmanual
>   http://newwww.deb.at/releases/etch/releasenotes
> - related_links.zh-cn.html fails to build

No news for these 3 items.

--
Simon Paillard