Re: www-master move: things to do: locales

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 09:31:16AM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>  I'm not sure if you are aware but the current host of www-master
> (klecker) is wanted to get shut down by DSA, shipped to a different
> place and re-dedicated for different services. To be able to do that
> there is work underway to move www-master from klecker to wolkenstein.
[..]
>  Things I noticed are still lacking:
[..]
> -) please add points you notice or think about

- locales configuration.

Though locales-all is installed, it doesn't *configure* the system to
make them available, and for example make wml build fails :
wml -q -D CUR_YEAR=2010
	-o UNDEFuZH@uCNuCNHKuCNTW:related_links.zh-cn.html.tmp@g+w
	-o UNDEFuZH@uHKuCNHKuHKTW:related_links.zh-hk.html.tmp@g+w
	-o UNDEFuZH@uTWuCNTWuHKTW:related_links.zh-tw.html.tmp@g+w
--prolog=../../bin/fix_big5.pl  related_links.wml
mp4h: ERROR:related_links.wml:10: EOF when reading argument of the <set-var> tag
** WML:Break: Error in Pass 2 (rc=1).

It already occures during klecker installation :
http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2007/06/msg00187.html

For this specific issue "locale -m | grep GB2312" must be true.

-> package locales was missing, thanks to zobel for being so fast in
installing it.

I guess installating all the locales will allow the build of japanese
release-notes as well (which fails as of now on wolkenstein).

--
Simon Paillard