Re: Debian and Eaton partnership

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 03:21:44PM +0100, Arnaud Quette wrote:
>Dear fellows,

Hi Arnaud,

>At the time of my previous employer (MGE UPS SYSTEMS), we were partners
>(as per http://www.debian.org/partners/)
>
>During the last couple of years, the situation has seen major changes.
>To sum up, the people that were backing Debian, NUT and FLOSS in general
>at MGE have gone to Eaton (through the selling of MGE Office Protection
>Systems).
>
>Now that the situation is stable enough, I'm back to update this
>partnership:
>1) the MGE UPS SYSTEMS mention in the partner must be removed. there is
>nobody supporting FLOSS there anymore. And since they have merged with
>APC, there are chances that they one day come to us with a cease and
>desist request for wrongly using the MGE UPS logo!
>
>2) this has to be replaced by Eaton (I can provide the text content and
>logo later on).

OK, sounds reasonable. Can somebody on the -www team make those
changes with Arnaud's help please?

>Obviously, the same principles as before still applies: if UPSs/PDUs are
>needed for our (Debian) infra, ping me. And advert it wherever needed.
>I'm still working on NUT and related packages in Debian (more than ever)
>and so on...

Ooh, cool. I may have a bug for you then. :-) And I'd guess the DSA
folks would like to get in touch about more protection for our
machines. I'm adding a cc: to them too.

>Finally, we win here a bigger supporter: MGE was ~ 3 000 peoples, while
>Eaton is more than 70 000 peoples!

Yay! :-)

We don't need no education.
We don't need no thought control.