why dont new wiki pages default to gpl2 (was Re: User and groups justification (was Re: group nvram)

Hi,

(taking a thread from -devel)

On Freitag, 20. März 2009, Jon Dowland wrote:
> If you do so please bear in mind that doc/* in the base-passwd package is
> licensed GPL-2 and Debian wiki pages have no automatic explicit copyright
> exceptions (i.e. default to all rights reserved). See
> <http://wiki.debian.org/Maintainers> for an example of how to specify an
> explicit license for a new page (and the linked
> <http://wiki.debian.org/DebianWiki/LicencingTerms> for context and history)

/me is surprised. I do understand why it takes ages to solve the licence for
already existing pages, but why dont new pages default to a sane licence,
like gpl2?

regards,
	Holger