Which version needed for Intel-T4200 (64 bits) processor

Hello,

Could you please give me a little advice.

I try to install Debian on my new laptop with an Intel T4200 processor (64 bits Dual-Core) with a 64 bits version of the Debian network installer.
Since I could choose between i386 and ia64 of which I used the first version to install the 32 bits version of Debian I assumed that I should choose the ia64 version (http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/5.0.3/ia64/iso-cd/debian-503-ia64-netinst.iso).
I burned the CD several times and also checked the MD5 sum (both cases correct).
This installer seems to give the problem that the CD does not boot. If I use the network installer of Fedora-Core 11 64-bits it boots successfully so there is nothing wrong with the computer.

When checking the Intel website I saw that there are different 64 bits architectures. Is it possible that the ia64 download refers to the Intel Itana architecture and that the i386 download is also suiting for the 64 bits Intel Dual-Core processors?

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,
R. Dool