Re: Probs with http://www.debian.org/devel/buildd/setting-up

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 01:11:39PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 09:44:28PM +0200, Philipp Kern a écrit :
> > On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 07:51:37PM +0200, Steffen Moeller wrote:
> > > You need to create the following directories (under /org/buildd/
> >
> > The docs are horribly outdated.
>
> Strangely, the date of last modification does not match the one of the wml
> source

It is not strange.  Last Modified: Tue, Jul 7 03:39:05 UTC 2009
This only means that the published page was rebuild on  Tue, Jul 7
03:39:05 UTC 2009.  wml being "program", its resulted page may change
even if file does not change...

> – maybe it is an artefact created by the migration to Alioth? Would
> there be a way to display the date of the last CVS commit somewhere? Readers
> would probably be more cautious when realising that the pages have not been
> changed for years.
>
> http://www.debian.org/devel/buildd/setting-up.en.html
> http://cvs.debian.org/webwml/webwml/english/devel/buildd/setting-up.wml?view=log
>
> Or maybe better: introduce a link à la wiki to the lastest CVS diff in
> ‘template/debian/footer.wml’.

This is true.  We need 2 dates.
 date that this page was last build.
 date that the source of this page was last changed.

As I checked wml source, this comes from
webwml/english/template/debian/footer.wml ant it has:

# the below code taken from ctime.wml:webwml_ctime
if (defined $(GEN_TIME)) {
  $timevar = $WML_GEN_ISOTIME;
} else {
  $timevar = $WML_SRC_ISOTIME;