[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Bug#537306: marked as done (d.o/international/Makefile: conditionnal subdirs never updated because $(LANGUAGE) Makefile targets never match)

Your message dated Sat, 25 Jul 2009 12:32:54 +0200
with message-id <[🔎] 20090725103254.GD9245@dedibox.ebzao.info>
and subject line Re: Fixed in website for local internationalistation subdirs
has caused the Debian Bug report #537306,
regarding d.o/international/Makefile: conditionnal subdirs never updated because $(LANGUAGE) Makefile targets never match
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact owner@bugs.debian.org

537306: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=537306
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact owner@bugs.debian.org with problems
--- Begin Message ---
Package: www.debian.org
Severity: normal

Hi all,

A while ago, french team members noticed updates to
webml/french/international/french were not taken into account on the
website (and given the Makefile, it certainly affects spanish and

This is a request for help since I don't see where is the issue.

Here is the status (consider as a example french/{dwn_trans|web}.wml
* from webml/french/international/french, the Makefile is correct and
  the html file is rebuild as expected.

* from webml/french/international/, the Makefile seems correct but the
  html file is not rebuild if needed.

However, if we look with care to english/international/Makefile:

 ifeq "$(LANGUAGE)" "fr"
 SUBS += french

* if I add a specific debug target :
^I@echo $(SUBS)
^I@echo $(LANGUAGE)
=> I can see that SUBS doesn't contain french, while :
 - $(LANGUAGE) contains fr
 - ifeq syntax is correct
 - SUBS syntax is correct (tested outside the ifeq)

Any idea ?

Simon Paillard

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Hi Javier,

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 08:45:53AM +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> [ Just a small note so other affected teams can check if everything is working
> OK ]

international/french is now correctly build.
> After pondering for weeks why changes committed to the www CVS in
> spanish/international/spanish where not being compiled and visible at the
> website yesterday I found (and fixed) a bug in the webwml's
> english/international/Makefile file.
> This change was introduced almost one year ago and affected the 'spanish',
> 'french' and 'dutch' subdirs. These subdirectories are specific to some
> internationalisation teams: teams that introduced subdirs under
> international/ which are only present in the translated webwml section but
> not under the english/ webwml copy (nor in other's translations).
> These subdirs where not getting checked and built due to this bug in the
> Makefile.  The fix is a crude hack but it works.

This fix the bug #537306 opened one week ago.


Simon Paillard

--- End Message ---

Reply to: