Re: http://www.debian.org/intro/why_debian

Absolutely. See attachment.
I am also a Russian speaker and I can translate it for you if you like it.

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 9:34 AM, Matt Kraai <kraai@ftbfs.org> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 02:25:40AM -0400, Lifanov Nikolai wrote:
> I would like you to consider another reason for choosing Debian over the
> competition.
> For me it is important that Debian runs on multiple architectures and
> kernels and the debootstrap feature helps as well.
> I am fond of Arch, but it only runs on i686 and amd64, so I run Debian on
> most of my toys and most computers at work.
> Comparing it to Gentoo, another distro I am fond of, Debian uses binary
> package management, and it is not always convenient to compile on metal or
> cross-compile the system when I want to change something.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Would you care to prepare a patch to the
why_debian page?  You can find instructions for accessing the
website's source code at

 http://www.debian.org/devel/website/using_cvs

--
Matt Kraai                                           http://ftbfs.org/