Re: GPL in wiki: [RFR] draft for "DebianWiki new license"

On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 00:43 +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 10:41:25AM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > On Tue,16.Jun.09, 08:43:34, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
> > >
> > > BTW, I am not completely sure that one can write a document with some
> > > paragraphs under GPL and some other under CC-BY-SA, and have a license
> > > statement like "some parts on this documents are licensed under GPL and
> > > some parts are licensed under CC-BY-SA".
> >
> > I don't think this is possible. Maybe if the GPL parts can exist without
> > the CC-BY-SA parts, otherwise you have to distribute it all under the
> > GPL (which CC-BY-SA prevents).
>
> FYI: "Debian Reference" origin contents has been removed and it has been
> reintegrated to www.debian.org under DDP.
>
> Unless someone else had GPL pages, you may not need to worry about my
> old pages.

I think we should not only be concerned about "known" GPL projects that
could be dual licensed (like DR, DebianEdu, NewInLenny). we should
consider the contents that could/should be merged various GPL
documentations.

Still, you raise an important point.

Franklin