Re: About consultants page management: email and other compulsory fields

On Thu,30.Apr.09, 18:52:48, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
> We received a request for removal the email field from a consultants
> entry. I am wondering if this is possible at all, since (I believe) we
> should retain the email address in order to get in touch with the
> consultants, or to verify further requests about the same entry.
>
> Should we just remove the field, or ask for a new email address that is
> supposed to replace the old one, or ask for a different email address
> that we might keep as comment in consultants.data and we might use for
> checking further requests?
> I would say the last one should be the best.

I agree.

> BTW, our web page does not declare compulsory any field. Should we say
> that at least name|company and email are compulsory?

Some companies don't want to publish an e-mail as they prefer to rely on
some contact form on their website. I'd say we can accept not publishing
an e-mail as long as there is reasonable way for them to be contacted by
potential clients and an e-mail address for us to contact (which we can
keep commented out).

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)