Re: About consultants page management: email and other compulsory fields

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
> Should we just remove the field, or ask for a new email address that
> is supposed to replace the old one, or ask for a different email
> address that we might keep as comment in consultants.data and we
> might use for checking further requests?

There should be a publicly available e-mail address that the
consultant can be contacted at (and responds to e-mail sent to it
within four weeks). If the consultant doesn't want such an address
published, then they should forgo being listed.

> BTW, our web page does not declare compulsory any field. Should we
> say that at least name|company and email are compulsory?

It actually says that an email address is compulsory, as is a country,
and if a web link is provided, it must list information on the
consulting services provided.

Don Armstrong

--
I learned really early the difference between knowing the name of
something and knowing something