Re: Debian Etch erroneous release date mentioned on website?

On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 11:38 +0200, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> > Just to signal you that when consulting the page
> > http://www.us.debian.org/releases/etch/
> > I saw April 8th 2009 as the release date for Debian Etch. Isn't it April 8th
> > 2007 ?
>
> Thanks for your mail. Indeed Debian Etch was initially released in 2007,
> but the latest update release ("point release") was released on the very
> same day in 2009 and the web page above does reflect the latest point
> release.

I agree that the text can be a bit misleading (esp. if one reads the page quickly).

What about something like:
  Debian GNU/Linux 4.0r0 was released April 8th, 2007. The release
  included many major changes, described in our press release and the
  Release Notes. The latest "point release" (4.0r8) update was
  published on April 8th, 2009

Regards,

Franklin