Two minor issues left with languages configuration (Was: Re: Help different languages configuration)

Hi,

thanks to the responses of Simon Paillard and Matt Kraai I was able to
work around the problem with Spanish language.  But I've got a new problem
that now the default index does not work any more and I have to write

   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/index

instead of the former (and frequently published - mind bookmarks of users)

   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/

Is there any workaround?

The second problem is an encoding problem that does not occure on alioth
(with the link above) but on my test server

   http://debian-med.debian.net/tasks/index

If I follow the advise

  "In order to avoid serving content-negotiated files with wrong charset,
   make sure that the AddDefaultCharSet setting is either commented out or
   set to "Off".

which is given at "Mirrors of the Debian web site" [1] every non-ASCII
character is broken.  So I used

   AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

which works so far - but I would like to know whether I missed something
which makes this diversion from the advise necessary.

Many thanks for your help

       Andreas.

[1]    http://debian.org/mirror/webmirror#cn

--