Re: There is an error in the bzip packaged for the amd64 architecture

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 05:17:54AM +0000, Lawrence Bayly wrote:
> Sorry about the previous blank email.. my error
> I tried to use the "apt-get update" command from my debian and it comes up with this error:
> W: Failed to fetch http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile/dists/lenny/volatile/main/binary-amd64/Packages.bz2  Hash Sum mismatch
>

> W: Failed to fetch http://security.debian.org/dists/lenny/updates/main/binary-amd64/Packages.bz2  Hash Sum mismatch
>
> E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
> I checked the md5sum against the Release file and indeed the md5sum is incorrect.
>
> Please can you correct this as I am unable to recieve up-to-date security updates at this time

The appropriate mailing list for support questions is
debian-user@lists.debian.org; this list is for website maintenance.

In this case, either you updated when the Release and Packages.gz were
out of sync or there is a cache between you and those servers that's
sending you an out-of-date version of one of the files.  Retrying
and/or forcing the cache to be refreshed should fix the problem.

--
Matt                                                 http://ftbfs.org/