Re: DebianWiki migrated

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:

> I'm making an uneducated guess that allowing editing by people we
> cannot contact will be bad for licencing the wiki since we need to
> contact people to be able to give pages a license. The current
> authentication mechanism requires an email address so there is a
> decent chance we'll be able to contact people for this purpose.

No problem. Using OpenID for authentication doesn't prevent a
registration process that needs some other details. It even supports
it with “attribute exchange”, so that people can (if they choose to)
have the registration process re-use the email address they've already
got recorded with their OpenID provider.

--
 \          “Some subjects are so serious that one can only joke about |
  `\                                                them.” —Niels Bohr |