search.debian.net

Hi,

I am looking into reviving the search.debian.org, and have completed a very
first stab at indexing something[1].
It should index www.debian.org and tries to detect your locale setting and adapt
to it.

Known bugs/room for improvement:
- maybe discourage text files showing up very high(?),
- the indexing of documents in languages with area subtag does not match what is
  searched.

Obviously, I would like to include other sources of information, e.g.
wiki.debian.org, as well. For the wiki, I would probably like to be able to
figure out the language. It might also be desirable to not index all pages (such
as indexes or pages associated to user accounts).

Your ideas and comments are much appreciated.

Kind regards

T.

1. http://search.debian.net/
--