Re: Showing screenshots on packages.debian.org

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 06:17:29PM +0100, Christoph Haas wrote:
> The current version can serve thumbnails of screenshots easily. So I
> thought I ask if anyone feels to build that into the packages.debian.org

I've thought about that a bit today. Some remarks and questions:

1) I would prefer not to waste space with a placeholder if there
exists no screenshot. So I would prefer to have a list of packages
with screenshots available.

2) What do you think about different versions of packages?
>From your website it seems that the images have versions
associated with them, so maybe we should utilize that. A screenshot
of a version in unstable might have nothing to do with how the
application looks in stable.

3) How are the images stored on your side? Would it be possible
to retrieve the thumbnails with e.g. rsync so that we can mirror
them on packages.d.o itself should the need arise?

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/