Re: Putting draft release notes on www.debian.(org|net)?

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:58:32PM +0100, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> On 2008-11-13 08:52, Vincent.McIntyre@csiro.au wrote:
> > #498273 seems relevant too.
>
> Putting an HTML rendered version of the release notes as a draft
> on the web is a good idea, indeed - also for the translators.
> Anybody from the www.debian.org/net people listening?

I do (to increase chances, CCing debian-www is better :-)

Some remarks :
- that can be done easily and hosted on http://ddp.alioth.debian.org/
  (easily feasible by anyone in the ddp alioth group), so that we make
  available the alst SVN version of every doc
- it requires specific rights and more latency to host it on the debian
  website. (and we should make it available under /release/lenny ?)
- from what I understood from the thread below, putting it on www-master
  requires some packages to be backported
  "www-master: Latest SVN or packaged version? (was: SVN finally fully enabled ...)"

--
Simon Paillard