Re: updated Hebrew translation for Debian Social Contract.

> does the index, so I have just removed the extra file.

So now the situation with the hebrew file is like this -
when somebody, actually managed to find that page: http://www.debian.org/social_contract.1.1.he.html (which does not have links leading to it)
He sees the following notice:

Note: The original document of this translation no longer exists.

This should be resolved by renaming the file

http://cvs.debian.org/webwml/hebrew/social_contract.1.1.wml

http://cvs.debian.org/webwml/hebrew/social_contract.wml

And I think it will solve also the other issues I've raised.

I'll be happy if someone did it.

Thanks, Oz

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 1:06 AM, Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@ieee.org> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 24 2008, Jens Seidel wrote:

> Manoj, does it make sense to have two nearly identical copies
> of Social Contract v1.1 available? (They differ only minor in
> HTML tags.)

       There should only be one v1.1 version around; yes.

> Is missing symbolic link support in CVS the reason?

       No. Usually, when a new version of a foundation document is
 created, we copy NAME.wml to NAME.X.Y.wml, and NAME.wml is the new
 version.

       That being the case, social_contract.1.1.wml should not exist.

> Maybe it would be possible to rewrite social_contract.html to
> contain only links to version 1.0 and 1.1?

       So, there is nothing else that refers to social_contract.1.1,
 and the file social_contract.wml only refers to ocial_contract.1.0, as
 does the index, so I have just removed the extra file.

       manoj
--
There's one fool at least in every married couple.
1024D/BF24424C print 4966 F272 D093 B493 410B  924B 21BA DABB BF24 424C

 .''`.
: :' :      We are debian.org. Lower your prices,
`. `'       surrender your code.
  `-        We will add your hardware and  software
            distinctiveness to our own.
            Resistance is futile.

----
           Imagine there's no countries
           It isn't hard to do
           Nothing to kill or die for
           And no religion too
           Imagine all the people
           Living life in peace
----
          You all must read 'The God Delusion'
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_God_Delusion
---
when one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."
Robert Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance