Re: downloads, installs

On Sun,05.Oct.08, 15:13:10, Doug Renfro wrote:
> Hello, I am new to the Linux exparience and am finding it interestingly
> difficult to do certain things, like download JAVA and install it and
> download Adobe and install.
>  I see where it downloads to but I have no idea what program is supposed
> to install the software.

Hello Doug,

This mailing list deals rather with the website itself. If you need
support you should contact debian-user@lists.debian.org . In case you
don't want to subscribe (you don't have to) you should specify in your
mail and ask copies of the replies to be Cc'd to you. For this mail I'll
Cc you as well as I'm not sure you are subscribed to this list.

As to your question, try to start the programs synaptic or aptitude as
they can download and install software for you. If you don't find your
way or you can't find specific software please contact
debian-user@lists.debian.org specifying what version of Debian you have
installed the contents of the /etc/apt/sources.list file and what
software exactly you are trying to install (Adobe makes a lot of
software, though I assume you mean flash).

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)