Re: My email address is listed in plaintext on one of your webpages

Jaakko Tapani Peltonen <jtpelto2@cc.hut.fi> wrote:
> http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/f/falconseye/falconseye_1.9.3-1$
>
> Can you please change this page so that the address is listed as "jaakko
> dot peltonen at hut dot fi"?

The source for that page is currently being removed from debian.  See
http://packages.qa.debian.org/f/falconseye.html and
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=320075 for the
reasons and progress.  It may take months to vanish completely.

When that happens, the email address will vanish from that page.
However, it will still be archived at numerous sites around the world
which are beyond our control, so that email address should be treated
as in the public domain and the best possible anti-spam measures
deployed against it.  I think that should include SMTP-time protocol
enforcement, greylisting, filtering, scoring and previewing over IMAP.

Hope that explains,
--
MJR/slef