Re: german translation of http://www.debian.org/security/key-rollover/

Hi Jens (and all others),

Am Donnerstag, den 15.05.2008, 11:00 +0200 schrieb Jens Seidel:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 08:51:43AM +0200, Michael Schmitt wrote:
> > on #debian.de (IRCNet) some decided to translate
> > http://www.debian.org/security/key-rollover/ to german, as 3 days
> > without a translation is a shame for such an important issue. Those
>
> Heh? 3 days? The first non trivial commit happened 2008-05-14 11:28:27
> +0200, e.g. yesterday.

I am really sorry for that misunderstanding, the fault was to 100% on my
side. The 3 days I had in mind were the 3 days since the whole issue
became known. As the german "here will be something soon"-content did
not mention the (maybe) more current english website, it might not have
mattered at all then as one only knew the german version if his locale
were set to de_DE.
But as it is fixed now, I just can say sorry once more.

> Nevertheless you are right the the current state (of my) translation
> is inappropriate as it hides the English version.
>
> Since this is indeed a very important document, I will ensure that even
> a slightly outdated translation will mention it and link to the English
> version (for all translations).
>
> > willing to help are already reading some docs about editing /
> > translating / using cvs.
> > Any advice what / how we should do it? Or is there already someone
> > translating it? Please reply-all.
>
> Considering that I'm the previous translator and beside Helge Kreutzman
> the only one who cares about the German website (there is one exception:
> the Debian Project News got a new contributor) I will update the page
> NOW.
>
> Nevertheless please redirect all people to the list debian-l10n-german.

done, more or less... more will follow... I hope.

> Please see the thread
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-german/2008/05/msg00028.html for how
> to help translating. There are many subprojects listed such as
>  * DDP (especially the Debian FAQ)
>  * DDTP (package descriptions)
>  * Website
>  * Programs
>  * Debconf templates (only a few are still untranslated)
>
> I suggest you help Benjamin updating the FAQ. I explained similar stuff
> also in the thread
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-german/2008/05/msg00055.html

I am on it. I Think we will speak on debian-l10n-german again.

> Jens

regards
Michael