Re: Vendor Link for www.zandooy.com

Am Mittwoch, den 07.05.2008, 06:09 -0500 schrieb support@zandooy.com:
> IMPORTANT: You may only reply to this email if you include the word
> "Support" in the subject.

 If you require it in the subject, please supply it yourself. Being
required to change the subject might break threading for others
following the list.

> Otherwise the email will be rejected by our
> server. This is to help us reduce the amount of spam we receive.

 If we have problem reaching you through some convenient way without
having to hop through loops (that information can too easily get lost)
we propably will have to remove you again.

> Dear Sir or Ma'am,
> We offered you our website information to include in your list of
> vendors. It was noticed that you have Zandooy.com listed but you are
> deep linking through the product search option. Our operating standards
> require that we keep deep linking to a minimum. We must insist that you
> link directly to our home page at "http://www.zandooy.com"; instead.

 The form contains explicitly the field labelled with "URL of a web page
that has information about your Debian CDs" which is required. Please
take a look at all the other entries and compare. We definitely don't
want our users to have to hop through loops neither to when they want to
find the Debian portion of the various vendors, that's the reason why we
explicitly ask for such an URL.

 Can you offer such an URL, instead of having to use the search form?
Would that be acceptable for you?

> Visitors may then easily navigate to the Debian GNU/Linux product page
> from our home page.

 Where, how? I don't see the "easily navigate" part, sorry.

>  If you are unwilling to link to our home page then
> we prefer not to be linked to at all. Your cooperation is appreciated
> and I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

 It indeed causes quite a fair bit of inconvenience I have to admit,
both in the way you request specific contact posibilities and that you
don't like to have a convenient way to link to the Debian related
products you offer.

 Please get back again with informations on how to proceed further,
otherwise we possibly have to follow your request to not be linked.

 So long,
Rhonda
--
random Debianist, others might disagree with me, happens to the best