Re: PowerPC Netinstall image larger than 180 MB

Martin Paquette wrote:
> Just wanted to let you know that I went to this page
> http://www.us.debian.org/distrib/netinst#smallcdand downloaded the
> Small CD for the PowerPC platform
> (debian-40r3-powerpc-netinst.iso) and the actual .iso image does _not_ fit
> on a 80 mm CD-R. On the page we can read "The following are images files
> which are up to 180 MB in size" but the actual size is more like 233 MB.

Unfortunately PowerPc is the exception that confirms the rule. The reason
the PowerPC images are so much larger is that they have to include more
different kernel flavors (both for the installer itself and for the
installed system) than any other architecture.

Unfortunately there's not much we can do about that.

Cheers,
FJP