Re: apt-get vs Aptitude

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 3:30 PM, Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Mar 2008, Lukasz Szybalski wrote:
>  > The reason I'm asking this is because it seems to me as 'apt-cache
>  > policy ' belongs to apt-get group, and since we are recommending
>  > aptitude I thought there would be aptitude version of apt-cache
>  > policy.
>
>  aptitude requires apt, so talking about apt-ceche policy when it's the
>  right tool is fine.

So I switched over to aptitude but now I notice that aptitude installs
recommended packages as well.

So my
apt-get install python-epydoc -> 4mb
aptitude install python-epydoc -> Need to get 340MB of archives. After
unpacking 685MB will be used

I don't think that is what I have intended here. So now I am not sure
if I should suggest aptitude as it installs more then required.
How are you guys deal with this issue?

Lucas