Some docs on the website infrastructure / build system available?

Dear debian-www list,

my name is Christian Neumair, and I've been an active GNOME contributor
for some years now.

Over in GNOME land, we are suffering from a website fragmentation
problem: Each regional branch has its own website, mostly due to the
lack of a unified i18n system. Of course, this is not very
representative.

Popular CMS systems like Plone seem to offer suboptimal i18n support, or
none at all.

On the other hand Debian seems to offer a fully internationalized
website. Kudos to your www development team! :)

I'm trying to evaluate whether it is possible to use some of your
infrastructure for the GNOME website. However, I couldn't find any docs
on the infrastructure, tools and licenses used to create the Debian
website. Maybe you could give me some hints?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
 Christian Neumair

--