Re: packages.d.o/pkgname -> stable

On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 11:42:19AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> I'd like to suggest that packages.d.o/pkgname goes directly to
> packages.d.o/stable/pkgname instead of the current "disambiguation"
> page. Each proper package page has all the suites listed across the
> top anyway, and making it redirect to the stable page (or possibly
> allowing a default to be set in cookies) makes it easier to get at
> information.

The idea of making packages.d.o appearance and behaviour configurable
via cookies is on my "to be considered" list for quite a while already,
yeah. I've mostly refrained from changing the default behaviour too
much, though.

As for your suggestion: Your specification is incomplete. Currently
there are at least four different things that might happen if you
visit p.d.o/<string>:
1) You only get an exact hit
2) You get an exact hit plus some substring matches
3) You only get substring matches
4) You don't get any hits
Does your proposal only concern case 1 or case 1 and 2?

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/