Re: DSAs: Overly eager stripping of </dl> in parse-advisory.pl?

On Sun, Dec 09, 2007 at 05:28:51PM +0100, Simon Paillard wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 09, 2007 at 05:20:32PM +0100, Florian Ernst wrote:
> > I lack access to security.d.o (which is a good thing), so I couldn't
> > really test the following patch myself ...
>
> You don't need an access to security.d.o (I don't have and I commit some
> DSA to the website).
>
> You just need to copy the body of the mail arrived on
> debian-security-announce, and launch ./parse-advisory.pl on it, assuming
> the file is named dsa-1417-1.sourcepackage_name

Hehe, you know that feeling when you start reading some script comment
which explains how the script will be used, understand you won't be able
to call it yourself and just start going over the code parts of your
interest? Well, I do. So, thanks for the pointer! :)

OK, it turns out that apparently the advisories don't always follow the
standard the script expects (e.g. 1417 lists 'Debian (stable)' instead
of 'Debian 4.0 (stable)'), so some more manual work than just the stuff
mentioned by the script needs to be done before actually checking in the
resulting files. The script itself works as required when the input is
formed as expected.

Thus, my patch is rubbish. Let's drop it, quickly.

Cheers,
Flo