Re: proposal: WWW BTS control page - alhabetical command listing

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007, Jari Aalto wrote:
>   http://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control
> The is good navigational topic at the beginning:

You already reported this against debbugs as #376291, and I marked it
wontfix with an explanation.
> But it's a little hard to skip up and down to search for specific
> commands (even with browser's Find), when you don't know the direction.

All of the commands are listed in that table, and are helpfully linked
to with anchor tags.
> I'd like to propose that the commands were listed in alphabetical
> order. The navigational list at top will still group the commands by
> their type.

The commands are (as I explained in #376291) grouped by their
relatedness. Your change in ordering would, for example, move notfound
to be next to notfixed and merge, instead of being next to found, it's
obvious mate. [merge would be quite a bit away from forcemerge, and an
enternity would separate it and clone.]

I don't object to changes in ordering which would improve it, but
alphabetical ordering is not an improvement.

Don Armstrong

"The trouble with you, Ibid" he said, "is that you think you're the
biggest bloody authority on everything"
 -- Terry Pratchet _Pyramids_ p146