Re: proposal: WWW BTS control page - alhabetical command listing

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007, Jari Aalto wrote:
>   http://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control
>
> The is good navigational topic at the beginning:

You already reported this against debbugs as #376291, and I marked it
wontfix with an explanation.

> But it's a little hard to skip up and down to search for specific
> commands (even with browser's Find), when you don't know the direction.

All of the commands are listed in that table, and are helpfully linked
to with anchor tags.

> I'd like to propose that the commands were listed in alphabetical
> order. The navigational list at top will still group the commands by
> their type.

The commands are (as I explained in #376291) grouped by their
relatedness. Your change in ordering would, for example, move notfound
to be next to notfixed and merge, instead of being next to found, it's
obvious mate. [merge would be quite a bit away from forcemerge, and an
enternity would separate it and clone.]

I don't object to changes in ordering which would improve it, but
alphabetical ordering is not an improvement.

Don Armstrong

--
"The trouble with you, Ibid" he said, "is that you think you're the
biggest bloody authority on everything"