Re: Changelogs missing

On Sat, Dec 01, 2007 at 08:35:29PM -0200, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:
> > Same error for kernel:
> > http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/l/linux-2.6/linux-2.6_2.6.18.dfsg.1-13etch4/changelog
> >
> > Seems to be a “naming” issue of the files, as these works:
> > http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/l/linux-2.6/linux-2.6_2.6.18.dfsg.1-13/changelog.html
> > http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/s/samba/samba_3.0.24-6/changelog.html
>
> 	Yes, it is already reported a while ago. I cc:ed Frank
> at that time, not sure if this is p.d.o or package related.
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2007/11/msg00185.html

Once upon a time, security updates were added to proposed-updates
directly. This doesn't seem to happen nowadays, which means they don't
are in the main archive's pool, which means they are not extracted.

Solutions for this include 1) ensuring a swift addition of packages from
security into the main archive, 2) maintaining a local archive copy
of debian-security on puccini or 3) using some more flexibel method
for extracting changelogs (one idea mentioned in the past was to
outsource changelog extraction to MOLE). If someone wants to
work on either of these things, you're welcome :)

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/