Status Update packages.d.o L10N (was: Translating packages.debian.org (Call for translations))

Status update:

On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 09:44:00PM +0100, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 12:04:49AM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> > As most of you might have noticed, packages.debian.org has gone through
> > quite some changes in the last months. After this has now stabilized
> > somewhat and after I (mostly) fixed the l10n support again, I would now welcome
> > translations of these websites.
>
> Turns out I didn't actually fix the l10n support. The combination of
> mpm_worker, mod_perl and gettext turned out to produce somewhat funny
> results rather than correct ones. Very obvious though in hindsight :-/
> I have ideas how to fix this but it will be a while. Therefor currenlty
> translations (of strings) are only available at the static index pages.

I've now converted the translation support to use Locale::Maketext
instead of Locale::Gettext and this should now give proper scoping to
language settings. Feel free to stress test the new code at
http://packages.debian.net/ and report any problems.

The .pot file don't have changed much during this transition.
BUT: Since Locale::Maketext doesn't have the same level of
encoding support as gettext now all .po files have to be in
UTF-8. I converted all existing files with iconv.
If that change is a problem for any translators, please contact me
so that we can work out a solution.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>