Help & advise on using WML constructs to create pages.

  Right section of the website beneath [english]/security/audit is a little
 out of date.  It is primarily out of date because the information contained
 there is contained in the HTML, and that makes keeping it current harder
 than it should be.

  As I see it there are two things to do:

   1.  Update the lists so they are current, ideally in small files.
   2.  Automate the creation of the webpage with those files.

  Looking over the WML which is used in similar parts of the Debian
 tree I see code like this:

<:= get_recent_list ('.', '0', '$(ENGLISHDIR)/security/2007', '', 'dsa-\d+' ) :>
  I can see roughly what that is doing, but I'm a little confused
 about how I could make it work for me.  (Also I can't see any documentation
 on this function; or other ones that I might want to use..?)

  Taking the example it seems to read form the current directory ".",
 and only include files matching the pattern "dsa-[0-9]+".  But how
 are the links created?  I see in the .wml files referenced things
 like this:

<define-tag description>insecure temporary files</define-tag>

  Are the 'description' and 'pagetitle' tags the only ones used in these
 lists?  Can I get more control?  Assume that I would like to have
 a semi-dynamic list created for the past two years.  I would like
 this list to include three things:

   1.  The package affected.
   2.  The link to the Debian security advisory.
   3.  The name of the person who created it.

  Could I create something like /security/audit/2007/1.wml:

<define-tag package>xen-utils</define-tag>
<define-tag description>insecure temporary files</define-tag>
<define-tag dsa>DSA-1395</define-tag>
<define-tag credit>skx@example.com</define-tag>

  If so how would I then control the formatting?

  Thanks in advance for any pointers.  I'm loathe to start experimenting
 within my local tree and risk committing something which will later break.
 (Plus I'm a little hazy on the translations, but I guess that's the next
 thing to worry about.)

Steve
--
# The Debian Security Audit Project.