Re: packages.debian.org updated

On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 10:22:44PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 12:55:03AM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> > The current status is:
> >
> >  - To be able to update the code that is running on puccini one
> >    will need to have access to puccini and sudo rights to pkg_user
>
> I noticed now that I lost the ability to adjust the list of mirrors offered
> by packages.d.o - it no longer links to cgi.d.o/cgi-bin/download.pl, instead
> it appears to generate the download page internally.
>
> Kindly restore this thing alone, if not everything else.
>
> > So what got lost is the ability to update the running code indirectly
> > through CVS. If we want to restore that, we will need to create an
> > additional git repository on a debian host that is group writable.
> > Exact location and group would have to be determined.
> >
> > Proposals?
>
> Frankly, I couldn't care less, as long as it's done.

Ok, I will setup a git repository on git.debian.org where all people in
group webwml can push to. I will send some more instruction once that
is done.

On a related note: since you have admin status on the debwww/webwml
project accounts on alioth, maybe you could sync them with reality
(i.e. /intro/organization) by making the current webmasters admins
as well and removing some of the very old entries.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/