Re: broken links

	Hi!

 Mas, you most propably want to use the APT frontend of your preference
to download the package instead of going through the webpages.  They
have a bit of delay with respect to updating due to the nature of how
they are generated, and your prefered mirror should be in rather good
sync usually.

Am Dienstag, den 28.08.2007, 23:48 +0100 schrieb MJ Ray:
> "Marcus Olsson" <mas@svep.se> wrote:
> > All links on this page is broken:
> >
> > http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/download.pl?arch=i386&file=pool%2Fmai
> > n%2Fl%2Flinux-2.6%2Flinux-headers-2.6.18-4_2.6.18.dfsg.1-12_i386.deb&md5
> > sum=42d26a2e2fcdbe6246d7ba1916aac007&arch=i386&type=main
>
> The package on the mirrors has changed, following this security
> announcement:
> http://www.debian.org/security/2007/dsa-1356

 No, it hasn't.  It has changed on the mirrors following this stable
release update announcement: <http://www.debian.org/News/2007/20070817>
_Especially_ since your DSA points to the -5 ABI, not the -4.

 That's the reason why the above mentioned version of -12 isn't in the
pool anymore but -12etch2 is.

> The above link appears on
> http://packages.debian.org/stable/devel/linux-headers-2.6.18-4
> which is linked from
> http://packages.debian.org/stable/devel/
> WWW Team: should that update with security announcements?

 The -4 hasn't received any security announcement so it doesn't need an
update for security announcement reasons but for point release reasons.
But yes,
<http://packages.debian.org/stable/devel/linux-headers-2.6.18-5> should
get updated with the security updates, too.

 I can just guess that the packages page generating cronjob got
deactivated/has problems that should get address.  That would be a job
for the webmaster team to investigate, please.

 So long,
Rhonda