Going around in circles

I decided to install Debian-stable from floppies and the Internet.

http://www.debian.org/CD/ has a link called "a couple of floppy disk images"
that takes me to:

http://www.debian.org/distrib/floppyinst, referring me to "installation manual
for your architecture" ("especially the chapter Obtaining System Installation
Media") which links to:

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual, where the link called
"Installation Guide for Intel x86" (my architecture) links to:

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/, where the link called "Obtaining
System Installation Media" links to:

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch04.html.en, where the link called
"Downloading Files from Debian Mirrors" links to:

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch04s02.html.en, which has a link
called "list of Debian mirrors" to:

http://www.debian.org/distrib/ftplist, where I have a choice. I don't want to
burn a CD just to try something that might not work, I don't want to update an
existing system, I really want to do a network install, for which I'm pointed
to a link called "network installation page" which links me to:

http://www.debian.org/distrib/netinst, where the link called "Floppy disks"
links me to:

http://www.debian.org/distrib/floppyinst, which is where I got to from
http://www.debian.org/CD/ via the link called "a couple of floppy disk images".

HELP!!!

--
                                                Marty
Martin B. Brilliant at home in Holmdel, NJ