Need advice on translation/l10n of HTML pages

Hello *,

not related to the Website of Debian but however:

HISTORY:

Now I am using Debian since over 8 years and have coded many scripts.
for some time, some of my older scripts stoped working...

Oops! -Commands and options had changed.

OK, I begun to reread all related "manpages" and found tonns of NEW docu
in the packages.  Mostly only english which is FOR ME no problem.

OK, I know many peoples (specialy in France but Germany too) which do
not speak english.

So I have used /var/lib/dpkg/*.list on all 2800 Computers I maintain and
created an unified List of all Packages used.  (It is ONLY one CD for
all 2800 Computers... and not 3 DVD's)

Walking through the packages/sources I have found out, that many packages
would be more usefull, if they have translated documentation.

So I started the project to translate the documentation (currently I am
translation the manual of "smstools" => <debian-l10n-german> to german)

TOOLS:

The I have found in another project the package "po4a" which should
be the way to go.  but I have no experience.

Since I have found nearly 37.000 HTML pages which are worth to be
translated I need an heavy advice HOW TO setup a system which are
able to do easily translation using po-files for HTML-Documentation.

And of course, I live in a region where I do not have ADSL or a
fixed telephone line, so the entired system must work Off-Line.
(I have only GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS with limited speed and traffic)

QUESTION:

Can anyone help me to setup such system?

NOTE:

My contract with the french MoD will run out at 2007-07-31 and maybe I
will get a new appartement where I will install the Server as translation
Server online.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)