Re: Doubts and Ideas
- To: Debian-WWW <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Doubts and Ideas
- From: Josip Rodin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 01:08:47 +0200
- Message-id: <20070602230847.GA15802@keid.carnet.hr>
- In-reply-to: <465E5BCE.email@example.com>
- References: <4659F628.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070529230513.GA11795@javifsp.no-ip.org> <465CD28B.email@example.com> <20070530100038.GA4079@fluff.lan> <20070530140319.GA13409@keid.carnet.hr> <465E5BCE.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 02:23:26AM -0300, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:
> >> This means that we have to copy & paste the entries into the
> >> webwml/english/CD/vendors.CD file in CVS, *manually* sort the list,
> > This manual sorting bugs me. We should definitely be able to throw
> > new entries at the bottom of the list, and have WML sort them for us.
> > Let's implement the equivalent of mirror/Mirrors.masterlist for CD vendors?
> I would vote for it, seems to be similar.
> > I seem to recall *some* ancient reason against it, but I can't remember
> > which.
> Maybe it will popup again. :-)
I think it was something about that database import script that relied on
current vendors.CD file format, and something about sorting. We can scrap
the former because I don't think a separate database is used any more
(seeS?), and the latter can be addressed by Denis and other WML hackers
should the need arise.
2. That which causes joy or happiness.