Who's using Debian?

Hello all,

I am glad to report usage of Debian on one of many departments
of Czech Technical University. I know about many others using
Linux and some even Debia there on our university, but I am not
right person to provide report for other departments.

 1. Department of Control Engineering,
    Faculty of Electrical Engineering,
    Czech Technical University,
    Czech Republic

 2. educational

 3. http://www.fel.cvut.cz/
    http://dce.felk.cvut.cz/

 4. Debian is used on 20 diskless workstations for education
    of subject Computer Systems (mainly for use in control applications)
    X35POS. The subject is already taught on Linux for four years.
    We use Unionfs and Ingo Molnar's realtime patches to allow control
    application development now. There are other two labs on our
    department which allows dualboot to Debian system (about 20 more
    systems). More other Linux (Debian, Gentoo, Slackware, etc..) based
    systems (servers and desktops) are used are used by department stuff
    and to drive other projects.

    Debian has advantage of very broad packages repository and seamless
    maintenance. It does not enforce complicated configuration tools
    and allows adaptation for our specific needs.

Best wishes

                Pavel Pisa
        e-mail: pisa@cmp.felk.cvut.cz
        www:    http://cmp.felk.cvut.cz/~pisa