Re: Package status on www-master (Was: Re: Problem with menu and navbar in French translation of the main page)

* Jens Seidel <jensseidel@users.sf.net> [2007-04-30 20:57]:
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 06:07:13PM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>> * Jens Seidel <jensseidel@users.sf.net> [2007-04-30 17:48]:
>> > Why is the locales file cleared? Did someone upgraded www-master or
>> > happened a new install?
>>
>>  No idea - a question most propably better aimed at the DSA team and not
>> the -www list, if you like.
>>
>> > In this case many packages for DDP (Vietnamese LaTeX, ...) will be
>> > missing probably as well.
>>
>>  Can you check beforehand if that is true before bothering the DSA team?
>
> No, how should I do this?

 Sorry, misread that as that there might be DDP pages misbuilt.  Is
there a list of required packages?  If not, we should definitely start
it right ahead so we have it documented.  If there is it can easily be
handed along.

 I think that should be taken to the debian-doc mailinglist then,
shouldn't it?

> There is a partial Vietnamese translation of Release Notes which would
> require the texlive-lang-vietnamese package. I'm almost sure it was
> never installed before ...

 Did anybody from the according translation/doc team ask the DSAs for
installation of it?  If not, why not?

> A proper check for missing packages is probably to force a rebuild of
> all generated documents.

 Personally I'd much appreciate proper documentation of such
requirements...  *sigh*

 So long,
Alfie
--
> Ich lese seit einiger Zeit in dieser Newsgroup mit, allerdings habe ich
> noch nicht herausgefunden, was ihr unter 'recovery' versteht.
Wie sollst Du auch verstehen können?             -- Stefan Scholl in dasr