Re: Inconsistency on translated pages links.

Well , I think thats easily solved by including both terms ? just like you wrote it
Werkzeugkette (toolchain),
(German)   and    (English).

Or is that what you suggested to the list on first place ?

On 4/29/07, NAGY Viktor <ch@elte.hu> wrote:
Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Saturday 28 April 2007 12:48, Jens Seidel wrote:
>> And why do you not report this? I remember only one maybe two mails from
>> you! Together with a proper fix it will be committed in less than one
>> hour!
>
> I did report those, but the resistance on the on the debian-i18n-de
> mailinglist made me gave up on this.
>
> Werkzeugkette (toolchain), Veröffentlichungsziele (release goals), DSAs,
> subversion depots (translating repository (which is used in the official
> translation of the svn book) with depot, which is no german word as well),
> etc. were too much for me. There were quite some more, though I have to
> admit, now that I took a very brief look at the page in german again, that it
> looks a bit better now. Though "Entfernte Privilegien-Eskalation" (remote
> priviledge escalation) is still... not something I want to read personally.
>
> So, yes, I think it has become better. Thanks to those of you working on it. I
> appreciate it, as I know many german speaking people have problems
> understanding the english pages.
>
> But I do have problems understanding the german site and yet I want to browse
> the rest of the web in german, and this is not possible with the current
> webpage.
>
> Those are two different problems, and you dont fix one by fixing the other.

I think you're not alone with this problem, as it's quite common among
people who are in advanced level in a profession and learnt it together
with English terminology. Translators always try to establish national
terminology, which might help beginners but confuse experts. In
Hungarian translation of w.d.o we try to keep the balance between
English terminology and Hungarian neologism. Other translation projects
don't do so, that's why I also prefer reading IT-specific websites in
English.

Viktor