Re: Incorrect statements in the release announcement, please fix! (was Re: Release announcement for Etch -- help needed by translators)

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 12:03:52PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> I have just upgraded a few servers, and frankly I would recommend
> upgrading with apt-get instead of aptitude. As aptitude's own upgrade
> path is broken, it is proposing insane upgrade scenarii unless you do as
> described in the release notes - which comes down to basically removing
> half of your system. Besides, "apt-get dist-upgrade" worked at once on a
> machine with a full KDE+GNOME installation, plus some services.

Please read again the Release Notes, it does not suggest removing half of
your system and, actually, the path there *prevents* that. If you have
information to add, it should be provided as bug reports to the release-notes
or upgrade-reports pseudopackage.

Regards

Javier