Re: Release announcement for Etch -- help needed by translators

* Alexander Schmehl <tolimar@debian.org> [2007-04-07 19:10] :
> <debwww@sci.fi>, Kåre Thor Olsen <kaare@nightcall.dk>, Luk Claes <luk@debian.org>, Miroslav Kure <kurem@upcase.inf.upol.cz>, Mohammed Adnène Trojette <adn+deb@diwi.org>, Peter Karlsson <peter@softwolves.pp.se>, Recai Oktas <roktas@omu.edu.tr>, Ruslan Batdalov <linnando@tolkien.ru>, Tapio Lehtonen <tale@iki.fi>, Tommi Vainikainen <thv+debian@iki.fi>
> Subject: release announcement for etch
> [ Bcc'ing people involved with the sarge announcement;  sorry if you get
>   that mail twice ]
>
> Hi!
>
> As you might know, we are really short before releasing etch.  Since
> Joey is on vacation, I have the pleasure to send out the announcement :)
>
> An annoucement has been written with the help of the people on the
> -publicity and -l10n-english mailing list.  I think it would be ready to
> be translated to other languages as well.
>
> The announcement is available at
> http://people.debian.org/~tolimar/release.txt (and soon .wml).
> It would be great if you could translate it in time so the anouncement
> would be in all kind of languages in place.

Hello Alexander,

In the release.txt file, the dates are wrong (they reference "April 1st,
2007" while it should be "April 8th, 2007").

It also says:

  As always, Debian GNU/Linux systems can be upgraded quite painlessly, in
  place, without any forced downtime, but it is strongly recommended to
  read the release notes for possible issues.

This is unfortunately not true: the upgrade is quite painful with a
minimal upgrade, then an upgrade for some packages (depending on your
configuration) and the kernel, a reboot and then the complete system
dist-upgrade (see section 4.5 of the release notes for details).

Greetings,

Fred