Re: SoC: website cleanup

Hi Runa!

Runa Agate Sandvik wrote:
> I have been using Debian for just about three years now, and for the past
> year I've been wanting to do more work for this project. The first problem I
> came across was the lack of information on the main website[1]. Most of the
> information is spread on the wiki(s), planet etc.

The Debian website contains more or less static pages.  SoC stuff is
currently work in progress.  However, you are right in that something
about SoC should be referenced on the website.

> After reading a few entries on planet.debian.org on this matter, and reading
> an entry by Joey Hess[2], I started thinking about the possibility of having
> a debian-website-cleanup as a SoC-project[3]. Doing work for Debian is
> something that I would like to continue doing also after SoC.
>
> I want to review the navigational structure in parallell with the design
> update. I just want to change the navigational structure and the look&feel of
> the website. I also think that the debian-women-wiki[4] and the debian-wiki[5]
> could be (or should be) a bit more organized (merged together or something).

Reviewing the Debian website is probably a good idea.  Several people
wanted to revamp the website but were unable to define/determine
problems with the current website that should be addressed.

Independed of this being an SoC project input is most probably
appreciated.  If you can come up with solutions to the problems, even
better.

Regards,

	Joey

--
All language designers are arrogant.  Goes with the territory...
	-- Larry Wall