Re: SoC: website cleanup

Runa Agate Sandvik <runa@samfundet.no> wrote: [...]
> I want to review the navigational structure in parallell with the design
> update. I just want to change the navigational structure and the look&feel of
> the website. [...]

This sounds more like debian-website-overthrow than
debian-website-cleanup.  I'd suggest maybe tidying up the design and
navigation and merging/splitting some of the content as appropriate,
but I'm not sure whether totally changing it all is a good idea.  I
think that would disorientate current regular users of the website
(yes, there are some) unnecessarily.

Sorting out the navigation and structure properly seems a big enough
task on its own - doing a proper analysis, information architecture
and refactoring.  It's big enough that it's not getting done on
volunteer maintainer time at the moment.

In short: I'd prefer evolution to revolution.

Hope that helps,
--
MJR/slef