Re: "People who installed X also have packages Y, Z and T installed"

On Saturday 03 March 2007 10:56, Enrico Zini wrote:
> I'd be happy if people could find out more.

One thing that could make suggestions more meaningful is to make them by
category. For example: for a game, suggest other games.
I realize that this is a bit less obvious for other categories (do you
need more than one editor?), but it could be a way to look at it.

You should at least also filter out the kernel and IMO all packages of
priority important and standard as they will normally be installed by
default and thus add no value to suggest. I would also filter out python
and possibly anything build-essential depends on.